Monday, November 5, 2007

Snicker-Filled Cookie


I have been on a baking mission lately! It seems every other day I am making something new! I don't know if it's my hormones, or if it's the spirit of the Holidays coming! I pulled out my snicker cookie recipe tonight! My Husband has always loved these, and when I take them to work I get tons of compliments! It's just your old fashioned peanut butter cookie with a mini snicker bar inside! Yummy!!!

2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
20 Snickers miniature candy bars, unwrapped

Makes 20 HUGE cookies.

In large bowl, combine sugars, butter, peanut butter, vanilla and eggs.
Beat well.
Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Mix well.
Shape about 1/4 cup of dough smoothly around candy bar making sure bar is completely covered.
Place 4 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375°F for 13-14 minutes or until light golden brown and puffy.
Cool 10 minutes and remove from cookie sheets.

Optional icing:
cocoa powder
confectionates sugar
milk.

Mix some cocoa powder and C sugar with a little bit of milk....drizzle over cookies!!

I usually add this to the cookies, but i was out of cocoa

No comments: