Monday, January 21, 2008

Sugar cookies!!!


So blame it on my pregnancy but I woke up this morning and immeditaly wanted cookies. I couldn't decide on what kind so I made three!! I needed to kill a few hours before the Patriot game anyway! Baking is alwaya a great way to calm my nerves!

These sugar cookies! Are some of the best sugar cookies I have ever had! They taste just like subways cookies!! Soft, moist, and chewy!! Oh so good!!

INGREDIENTS
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 cup butter
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar



DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
Cream together sugar and butter. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
Add flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Stir.
Form dough into walnut size balls, roll in sugar and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Don't flatten. Bake 10 to 11 minutes, until tops are cracked and just turning color.

I do think the next time I make these I might use just a tad bit less flour! I taste just a hint of flour--but agian they are good!!

2 comments:

amy2912 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amy2912 said...

Sounds great! Did you try those cookies with some white chocolate pieces? That would be tasty...
Greetings amy@amys-page.com