Thursday, December 27, 2007

Lasagna

Our first Christmas dinner as Husband and wife!



I use the lasagna noodles that are already for the oven...you don't need to boil them first. I think they are called oven ready lasagna noodles...

2lbs hamburger,
garlic powder to taste
1 1/2 Jars spaghetti sauce--I usually use the garlic and onion or mushroom kind. Preggo
small chopped onion
ricotta cheese--part skim
large container or 1 1/2-2 blocks cream cheese
and a mixture of shredded cheese--like cheddar and Colby jack
shredded Parmesan cheese For top of Lasagna


I brown the hamburger with chopped onion, and garlic powder. Add the Spaghetti sauce to the meat and put aside.

I then put a layer of noodles on on the bottom of the pan, then a row of hamburger. I take spoon fulls of the ricotta cheese and cream cheese and drop them on the hamburger..(like cookie dough) flatten the drops a bit--usually filling the layer with every other cheese. Then top that layer with the mixture of shredded cheese.
place a row of noddles over that and start again. Top the last layer with the Parmesan cheese.

Cover and cook for about 45 minutes. Leaving it uncovered for the last 10 to 15 minutes. Add fresh mushrooms on the layers if you want as well.

The cream cheese is really what makes this. Kevin is not a huge fan of cream cheese but this is his favorite thing I make. Don't go over board with the cream cheese however.




Review: I have been making this for years and it continues to be one of both My Husband and I's favorite dish.

No comments: